You may be thinking "ugh, I'm not down with OPP (other people's problems)" and of course ain't nobody got time for that but hey, it's a nice thing to do. So do it.
Here are a few outstanding items from Open Items if you're feeling particularly charitable with your wisdom today:
- Someone in tax at a Big 4 in NYC wants to know which exit would be better — hedge funds or private equity?
- We all know accounting firms are trying real hard to make their name in consulting, so why do they struggle? As one commenter noted: "This is like asking why GT and McGladrey struggle to get F500 audits."
- It's that time of year again, when desperate, exhausted public accounting grunts start thinking of life after busy season. This one is considering the leap to government work.
- This troll wants to help out PwC and finish Strategy& with a good and. We know you can do it, GC faithful.
- I readily admit I am all about the nap. I might go take a nap after I post this, actually (sorry, guys). A nap-friendly accounting firm? Yeah, not gonna happen.
- In news you can use, you can use GoToMeeting free in Chrome if your meeting involves no more than 3 people. Cool!
- Is there a such thing as a public accounting blacklist?
Remember, you too can post whatever you like in Open Items (you know, as long as it falls within our generous community guidelines). So if you have a question for your fellow capital market servants, need to bitch, or have a pithy observation to make, have at it! Or just go over to laugh and point, whatever.