February 25, 2021

How to get a good job for a 1 year experience tax associate

Dear goingconcern community,

I'm currently looking for an experienced tax position in public accounting firms, hopefully the big 4. Just got my CPA license for Washington State and moved to California. My one year tax experince focused on small business, S-Corps, partnerships, LLCs and individuals. I also handled lots of IRS notices and some IRS and state audits. Because of practicing in WA and the growth of marijunan industry in WA, I got a chance to manage financials and perpare tax returns for marijunan producers and retailers. I guess that's something special in my experience. However, since marijuana is illegal in CA I'm not sure if this "special" experience is a plus. Please advice on how to adress it on the resume and tips to get a jod in CA! Thanks!!!!!!

Latest Accounting Jobs--Apply Now:

Have something to add to this story? Give us a shout by email, Twitter, or text/call the tipline at 202-505-8885. As always, all tips are anonymous.

Comments are closed.

Related articles

cryptocurrency consulting accounting job

Should Cryptocurrency Consulting Be the Next Phase in Your Accounting Career?

Think the hype over cryptocurrency has reached its fever pitch? Think again—the crypto craze has only just begun. Businesses are increasingly viewing cryptocurrency as a viable investment. New tokens are gaining steam, and Bitcoin, the OG crypto cash, continues to trade at a frenzied pace. More than 200,000 Bitcoin transactions occur every day, and investors like […]