I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide some insight into the Deloitte ERS Business Risk service line.
I was recently extended an ERS (business risk) offer. The job description sounds interesting for sure but I've been looking around online and I am having trouble finding quality information on which I can base a decision.
If anyone with any experience or insight could please elaborate on:
- 1) What does a business risk associate do (internal controls and sox testing?)
- 2) Are there any opportunities for strategic risk management engagements as you become more experienced?
- 3) What exactly are the typical exit opportunities (internal audit?)
- 4) Does audit provide more upward mobility after exiting to industry?
- 5) Would you guys recommend Business Risk over Core Audit?
I really enjoyed my ERM courses but I am beginning to think that what I learned in class was mostly management consulting and not ERS. In the long run, I am very much interested in corporate strategy and management (I assume MBA will be required). Is Business Risk a good fit? Or should I opt for core audit?