A survey from HR service provider TriNet found that performance reviews cause all kinds of negative reactions from Millennials. I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
Here's the rundown:
- 62% felt “blindsided” by a performance review.
- 74% feel “in the dark” about how their managers and peers think they’re performing.
- 47% feel that receiving a performance review makes them feel like they can’t do anything right.
- 22% called in sick because they were anxious about receiving their review.
- 59% felt their manager is unprepared to give feedback.
- 28% looked for a new job.
- 35% complained to co-workers.
- 15% have cursed.
- 15% have cried.
Now I know this survey is bunk: only 35% complained to co-worker and only 15% cursed? Those numbers are far, far too low to be believed.