From now through December 31, 2019, you can grab 40 AUD, 25 BEC, 50 FAR, and 25 REG MCQs used on previous CPA exams directly from the AICPA. These questions “represent a onetime release of exam content to the general public intended to provide examples of the types of MCQs used on the exam,” meaning they shouldn’t be used as a replacement for up-to-date, comprehensive study materials. But hey, practice is practice, right?
Each MCQ also includes special coding to identify to which section of the Uniform CPA Exam Blueprints the question belongs.
So the code looks like this (example, obvs): ABC.00X.0YY.0ZZ
Need help understanding what that means?
- ABC is the exam section (AUD, BEC, FAR, or REG).
- 00X is the Blueprint area (001,002,003,004,005 that corresponds to I,II,III,IV,V in the Blueprints).
- 0YY is the group within the Blueprint area (001 through 012 that corresponds to A through L in the Blueprint).
- oZZ is the topic within the Blueprint group (001 through 010 that corresponds to 1 through 10 in the Blueprints).
Additionally, the questions include which Blueprints skill that question is testing (either Remembering and Understanding or Application). Still with me?
Yeah, maybe we need an example here:
1. Which of the following statements is correct concerning both an engagement to compile and an engagement to review a nonissuer’s financial statements?
A. The accountant expresses no assurance on the financial statements.
B. The accountant should obtain a written management representation letter.
C. The accountant need not obtain an understanding of internal control.
D. The accountant must be independent in fact and appearance.
Item ID: 24409
AUD.SSO.20190701: Remembering and Understanding:1
Alright so here we see the question is tested in AUD (duh), testing area I (Ethics, Professional Responsibilities and General Principles), content group A (Nature and scope), topic 3 (Nature and scope: non-audit engagements). Additionally, the skill being tested is Remembering and Understanding. As mentioned above, all of the codes can be found in the CPA Exam Blueprints.
To grab your free MCQ from the AICPA, just head over here. And remember, you only have until December 31 to do it. Have fun!