While we don’t typically include the “MDs” portion of PPMDs in Promotion Watch, Andersen doesn’t do that partner or principal thing, so MDs it is.
The 2019 class of 13 managing directors at the firm formerly known as Wealth & Tax Advisory Services and then Andersen Tax is larger than last year’s class, when 10 were promoted to managing director, and the class of 2017, when nine were promoted.
Let’s take a closer look at the class of 2019 by the numbers:
- 5: The number of new managing directors in commercial services, the most of any practice, followed by four in private client services and three in alternative investment funds.
- 5: The number of new managing directors who are women, or 38% of the class.
- 2: The number of new managing directors who are based in the following offices: Chicago, New York, and San Francisco.
- 1: The number of new managing directors who have the first name of Pepper.
- 0: The number of new managing directors who used to work for Arthur Andersen.
Here are the 13 new managing directors at Andersen:
- Pepper Austin, Private Client Services, Seattle
- Michael Barrett, Commercial, San Francisco
- Lindsey Gerlock, Private Client Services, West Palm Beach, FL
- Ellen Harles, Commercial, Philadelphia
- Chris Jones, Valuation, Boston
- Kathryn Dery Leung, Alternative Investment Funds, San Francisco
- Fran Li, Commercial, Los Angeles
- Sean Neuhaus, Private Client Services, New York
- Eric Sanders, Private Client Services, McLean, VA
- James Sullivan, Alternative Investment Funds, New York
- Jonathan Tennant, Commercial, Chicago
- Chris Tong, Commercial, Silicon Valley, CA
- Kenneth Wroblewski, Alternative Investment Funds, Chicago
Congrats to all the new Andersen MDs!