As Going Concern fully supports the profession’s diversity initiatives and various pipeline-filling activities (despite comparing the AICPA to an 80s anti-drug PSA creep giving away free drugs to children), we want to let everyone know that the application period for the AICPA Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop ends on June 15, 2022.
The workshop takes place at the Wigwam resort in Litchfield Park, Arizona October 12-14, 2022 and aims to strengthen students’ professional skills and understanding of the limitless possibilities and benefits of the career and earning the CPA credential. Participants will participate in learning sessions and panel discussions covering a wide array of topics such as developing leadership skills and the CPA exam. Participants will also have the opportunity to interact with CPA professionals who will share priceless knowledge regarding career opportunities in accounting and the value of networking. [Note: the preceding paragraph was copied directly from the AICPA hence the flowery language. We’ll give them a pass because the pipeline is a critical issue; if no one wants to be a CPA we’ll have nothing to write about]
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a declared accounting major, or have interest in joining the accounting profession
- Be a college freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, 5th year, or graduate student
- Be actively involved in campus and community activities
- Have not attended a past workshop
- Be an ethnic minority (i.e., Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; or Asian, etc.)
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Be a Student Affiliate Member of the AICPA
- Be able to provide the name and email address of two references who have agreed to provide a recommendation on your behalf. The reference must be from a faculty member.
For tons more scholarship opportunities, visit the This Way to CPA to search national scholarships.