Location: Denver (Local or willing to re-locate only)
Compensation: $75k – $105k per year ($65k – $80k base plus 15 – 30% bonus)
Required experience: 2 – 4 years Big 4 audit
If you’ve ever contemplated switching from audit to transaction advisory, then this job posting is for you…
A Denver-based Transaction Advisory Services firm seeks Big 4 auditors with 2 – 4 years experience to join their team as Senior Associates. No previous Transaction Advisory experience is necessary.
Our client invests heavily in their employees, and you will quickly learn on-the-job working with this boutique (for now…) firm that serves clients nationally. This firm is changing the way transaction advisory services are delivered to clients, and it’s working.
This is a unique opportunity in several ways. Here are just a few:
- They’re an entrepreneur-oriented Transaction Advisory Services firm with 30% annual growth since 2008. They’ve worked on over 600 deals in that time. This is a fast-paced, growing firm that is one-of-a-kind in their ability to service clients nationwide with the culture of a boutique firm.
- Their team consists entirely of ex-Big 4 professionals who have significant transaction advisory experience. The mentoring you’ll receive here is unparalleled.
- They operate as a meritocracy, meaning there’s no required timetable for getting promoted. Rather, if you perform well and can handle the responsibilities of the next level, you will be promoted. As an example, a recent Senior Associate they hired was promoted twice in three years and is currently a Director (i.e. Senior Manager), a path that would have taken ~6 years elsewhere.
- Their bonus structure is unheard of in the industry. Where else are Senior Associates in similar roles getting 15-30% annual bonuses?
Already interested? Click here to apply!
This opportunity isn’t for everyone. This isn’t the traditional corporate atmosphere you’re probably used to at the Big 4, but is rather a high-growth entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Working here will fast-track your accounting skill development relative to sticking around in Big 4 audit (no more controls testing, audit planning documentation, etc.).
Their focus is on performing high quality work, so they free up their employees’ time from long commutes by providing substantial resources to all employees to support a virtual work environment. You’ll receive a desktop, two monitors, a laser printer, and a reasonable allowance to furnish your own home office. They also provide you with mobile equipment (laptop and accessories) for use at client site, or for when you work with the team on site at their local office in Denver.
Due to the nature of their deals and their effective use of technology, this position requires minimal travel (<20%).
This position does require you to be local or willing to relocate to Denver (in our minds, that should read as a selling point).
So, to summarize, this opportunity should be appealing to anyone early on in their Big 4 audit career for the following reasons:
- Instantly increase your market value. Transaction Advisory experience is extremely valuable in the marketplace. If you’re reading this, you’re likely already aware of this.
- The nature of the work is far more dynamic and engaging than audit (no more planning documentation). All of your hard work will clearly and directly add value to your clients.
- Leave behind the bureaucracy of Big 4. Work with and be mentored by a tightly-knit group of world-class advisors operating in a entrepreneurial environment and growing organically 30% per year.
Interested? Click here to apply!
- Provide technical and advisory financial and accounting due diligence services to PE clients
- Perform complex analyses (cash flow analysis, quality of assets and earnings, working capital, potential liabilities and risks, and the impact of findings on the purchase price)
- Advise clients on maximizing opportunities and minimizing M&A-related risks
- Develop relationships with current and prospective clients
- Identify market opportunities and articulate the company’s value proposition
- Assist with marketing efforts, including online marketing, prospecting and outreach campaigns, development of marketing materials, market research, etc.
- Masters in accounting or MBA
- 2+ years’ experience in audit at a Big 4 (or similar) firm
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and other Office applications
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and unconventional work environment
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary (historically <20%)
- ****Uncommon drive and entrepreneurial spirit****
Click here to apply!
Not looking for a full-time commitment?
Beech Valley’s interesting contract positions help professionals who want to spend more time with family, travel the world, or start their own side business, all while making money for every hour they work. If you are available for project work and excited to increase your earning potential, apply today.
Interested in hearing about future opportunities? Click here to see your projected annual compensation and join our mailing list.