Before you get too excited over that headline, note this is a scholarship and not an announcement that the AIPCA has hired Jerome Powell to make their own personal money machine go brrr for CPA exam candidates.
Alright, with that out of the way, the AICPA announced today that it is launching a new CPA Exam Scholarship, offering up to $1,500 to at least 50 AICPA Student Affiliate members or AICPA CPA Exam Candidate Affiliate members in the U.S. to reimburse fees for taking the CPA Exam as well as exam preparatory courses and materials.
“One of the core missions of the AICPA Foundation is to advance the accounting profession,” said Ernie Almonte, AICPA Foundation president. “This scholarship helps us achieve that objective by helping to defray the costs of becoming a licensed CPA.”
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident pursuing licensure
- Have financial need, meaning not receiving other scholarships, grants, or employer reimbursement
- Be approved to test by NASBA or your State Board of Accountancy and agree to sit for at least one part of the exam within nine months of the date on the application approval letter
- Have not completed all four parts of the CPA exam (up to three is OK, though)
Scholarship applications are open now until July 31, 2020 so if you’re interested, you should probably get on that. Prior to application, you’ll want to get the following documents together as all are required to apply:
- A copy of a Notice to Schedule (NTS) AND a copy of your receipt for payment of exam application fees.
If applicable, receipts of paid exam preparatory courses for reimbursement (no more than $1,500 will be reimbursed to selected recipients for exam fees and or exam preparatory courses)
- An official academic transcript from your graduate and/or undergraduate degree where you met the 120 or 150 credit hours requirement; state dependent
- A copy of your updated resume
Interested candidates can head over to This Way to CPA for more information and to apply. Good luck!