While Major League Baseball teams expanded their rosters on Sept. 1, Marcum expanded its partner roster on Sunday, calling up 16 men and women to the big leagues.
This year’s new partner class is by far the firm’s largest since 2010. The only one that comes close is 2017’s 13 promotions.
Let’s take a look at Marcum’s class of new partners by the numbers:
- 15: The number of new partners who are CPAs.
- 9: The number of new partners in Assurance, the most of any service line, followed by Tax & Business with four.
- 6: The number of new partners who have a first name that begins with the letter J.
- 4: The number of new partners who are women, or 25% of the class.
- 3: The number of new partners in both Boston and Melville, NY, the most of any location, followed by two each in Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
Here are the members of Marcum’s newest class of partners:
- Nick Antonian, Assurance Services, Los Angeles
- Moises Ariza, Assurance Services, Miami
- Anthony Basile, Assurance Services, Melville, NY
- Michael Buchheit, Assurance Services, Philadelphia
- Andrew Clark, Tax & Business Services, Boston
- Joseph DeCusati, Advisory Services, New Haven, CT
- Ashlie Forum, Tax & Business Services, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- John Heilmann, Tax & Business Services, Philadelphia
- Ali Jahangir Hirji, Tax & Business Services, Melville, NY
- Matthew Huffner, Assurance Services, Washington, DC
- Janet Levy, Assurance Services, New York City
- John E. McCarthy, Assurance Services, Boston
- Jason Moi, Assurance Services, Boston
- Patrick O’Brien, Assurance Services, Nashville
- Jill Scher, Accounting Services, Melville, NY
- Karen Schuler, Managed Services, Washington, DC
Back in June, Marcum admitted five of its best and brightest to the partnership. They were:
- Andre Benayoun, Tax & Business Services, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dean Drummond, Advisory Services, Boston
- Amie Gartenberg, Tax & Business Services, New York City
- Martin Martinez, Tax & Business Services, Houston
- Patrick O’Reilly, Advisory Services, Portland, ME
Congrats to all the new Marcum partners!