The smell of fresh partners has been permeating through the air this week. First, PwC unleashed its 2019 class of 249 new partners and principals on the 50 states and Mexico on May 31. Then earlier today, I saw this:
Baker Tilly admits 20 new partners specializing in a variety of industries and services across the firm. Congratulations to our newest partners! https://t.co/SAWgxFNcKy pic.twitter.com/rEdV0ZIxH3
— Baker Tilly US (@BakerTillyUS) June 4, 2019
I don’t know if this year’s class of 20 new partners is the largest in Baker Tilly’s history, but it’s definitely the biggest since 2013. Last year, BT admitted 11 new partners, 10 in 2017, 15 in 2016, seven in 2015, 13 in 2014, and seven in 2013.
Let’s take a closer look at the class of 2019 by the numbers:
- 11: The number of new partners who are women, or 55% of the class. That’s pretty damn impressive.
- 9: The number of new partners in assurance, the most of any line of service, followed by eight in consulting and three in tax.
- 4: The number of new partners in Philadelphia, the most of any location, followed by three each in Minneapolis, Washington, DC, and Milwaukee.
- 3: The number of new partners who are Certified Internal Auditors.
And here are the 11 women and nine men in the class of 2019:
- Yunis Altahami, CPA, Assurance, Southfield, MI
- Carol Bolles, CPA, Assurance, Minneapolis
- Kevin Brandt, MBA, Consulting, Washington, DC
- Jeremy Chapman, CPA, Assurance, Philadelphia
- Ashley Deihr, CPA, CIA, CFE, Consulting, Washington, DC
- Brigid Elliott-Boger, CPA, Tax, Madison, WI
- Jennifer Finger, CPA, MSA, Assurance, Chicago/Houston
- Paul Frantz, CPA, Assurance, Milwaukee
- Shanté George, CIRA, Consulting, New York City
- Patrick Heavens, CPA, Assurance, Philadelphia
- Andrea Jansen, CPA, CFE, Assurance, Madison, WI
- Zachary Keenan, CPA, Assurance, Allentown, PA
- Amanda Klein, Consulting, Milwaukee
- Joseph McCaffrey, CPA, Consulting, Washington, DC
- Tracey Nguyen, JD, MBA, Consulting, Philadelphia
- John Romano, CPA, CIA, CFE, CITP, CSM, Consulting, Philadelphia
- Donna Scaffidi, CPA, Tax, Milwaukee
- Christopher Schmidt, CPA, Assurance, Appleton, WI
- Renee Schwartz, CPA, MBT, Tax, Minneapolis
- Mallory Thomas, CPA, MBA, CIA, CITP, Consulting, Minneapolis
Congrats to all the new partners!