Going Concern’s Job of the Week features a CPA firm looking for a Remote Accountant with a strong working knowledge of Sage-Intacct and church client experience. If you are interested in this job, we invite you to apply with Accountingfly.
APPLY NOW (updated link) | Accountingfly connects you with virtual accounting jobs with the best public accounting firms.
- Will have an excellent working knowledge of the client’s accounting systems, chart of accounts, assets, and liabilities.
- Will own responsibility for all financial management including monthly compiled financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, payroll, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and tax payments.
- Effectively maintain a partner’s books and provide reports enabling them to understand their financial position in order to make responsible financial decisions.
- Will have the ability to interpret a complexity financial trends/data from the client’s fiscal statements
- Will create a Partnership with the client that allows the client to live into their mission.
- Onboard new clients onto Sage-Intacct
- Scheduled recurring bi-monthly bookkeeping procedures in accounting systems (QBO, Xero, Sage-Intacct) QBO updated Bi-weekly for client reports
- Deliver meaningful month-end reports
- Substantial knowledge and experience working with balance sheet account (liability, equity, A/R, assets)
- Strong working knowledge of Expensify, bill.com, Gusto
- Monthly statement reconciliations
- Track data for W9 retrieval and 1099 reporting at year-end
- Communicate with the client as needed (missing information, needs, financial vision)
- Ability to manage multiple nuances between many tech platforms
- Strong balance of contextual research for future coding and efficient workflow
- Strong knowledge base of all products and the ability to upsell services when needed
- Aligned as a partner with the client’s internal team
- Known for polished, professional image via email, phone, and Zoom conferencing
- Ability to manage 5-10 clients monthly (This is ultimately dependent upon Revenue Size and FT/PT employee status.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field experience
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems and processes
- QBO Certification and Sage-Intacct certifications as necessary
- Ability to audit/inspect financial statements for accuracy
- Ability to tailor internal systems to meet client’s needs with a solution mindset
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge with Google Suites or MS Office Suites
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to maintain the highest confidentiality of Stakeholder and Church/donor information
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a virtual team
- Resiliency/persistency, and a commitment to achieving goals
- A proactive and motivated work ethic
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must be forward-thinking and have high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image with a growth-mindset
- Excellent organization and planning, analytical, communications, and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and manage many clients simultaneously
- Empathetic and ability to listen well
Accountingfly is managing the fulfillment of this position.