- Cut holiday vacation short to read the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Implement “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” charge code.
- Cram 40 hours of CPE into 4 days.
- Stare at children to remember their faces.
- Document rationale for becoming a corporation.
- Refill Zoloft prescription.
- Write farewell emails to non-profit clients.
- Stock up on bubble wrap.
- Think about what it really means to be a “personal service business.”
- Call moving company (applies to Calif., Conn., N.J., N.Y. only).
Ask divorce lawyer if things are on track to be wrapped up in 2018.
- Patch things up with spouse after learning the divorce lawyer is booked until 2019.
- Slap together some last-minute cybersecurity policies.
- Reassure clients that their personal data is totally safe.
- Drink heavily.
A CPA’s Incomplete 2018 Busy Season Prep To-Do List
Have something to add to this story? Give us a shout by email, Twitter, or text/call the tipline at 202-505-8885. As always, all tips are anonymous.
- Tags: Be Prepared, Busy season, Lists