So you’ve been embezzling money from your employer for awhile and what’s a girl to do? Well you could spend it on your wedding but if you’re already hitched then it’s has to get blown elsewhere. Besides, the £470,000 that Joanne Kent stole is chump change compared to what Sue Sachdeva had on her hands:
• $225,000 at Karat 22 Jewelers.
• $1.4 million at Valentina Boutique a high-end joint in Mequon, WI.
• $20 million on artwork.
• $649,000 at Zita Bridal Salon, even though she was already married. Probably just wants to wear a gown to slob around in.
• $670,000 at Au Corant a Milwaukee-based fashion retailer.
• $4.5 million on credit card bills.
A decent haul although the new GT leadership can’t be thrilled to have this shopping spree land in their laps.
Btw, congrats to Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, the new auditors, on the pickup. We’re sure it’ll be a breeze from here on out.