Eight Accountants Opt to Risk Their Professional Reputations
We kid! We’re sure it it’ll be a rocking time being a Professional Accounting Fellow with the Office of the Chief Accountant and it will get them all into their respective partnerships with no problem.
The OCA hasn’t been overtly chastised by anyone to our knowledge so maybe this wing of the Commission is idiot and porn free.
• Jouky Chang, currently a director in Duff & Phelps LLC’s Valuation Advisory Services group based in Detroit, Mich.
• John M. Donohue, currently a senior manager in Moss Adams LLP’s audit practice based in Portland, Ore.
• Rachel M. Eckstein, currently a senior manager in Ernst & Young LLP’s National Professional Practice Group based in New York, N.Y.
• Michael Keehlwetter, currently a senior manager in KPMG LLP’s Department of Professional Practice based in New York, N.Y.
• Neil J. Laverty, currently a senior manager in Deloitte & Touche LLP’s Global IFRS and Offerings Services Group based in New York, N.Y.
• Josh D. Paul, currently a senior manager in PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP’s assurance practice based in San Jose, Calif.
• Christian J. Peo, currently a senior manager in KPMG LLP’s Department of Professional Practice based in New York, N.Y.
• Jason K. Plourde, currently a senior manager in Grant Thornton LLP’s audit practice based in Chicago, Ill.
Congrats to all honored. Try to stay out of trouble.
Office of the Chief Accountant Selects Eight Professional Accounting Fellows [SEC.gov]
Review Comments | 12.29.09
• ‘Girls Gone Wild’ Founder Sues IRS – The newly crowned Douche of the Decade is in a litigious mood. After threatening to sue Gawker for the prestigious honor he was bestowed, DOTD is now suing the IRS for freezing his assets. Will someone stop to this
• Bill Would Require Comptroller General to be a CPA – Now there’s an idea. [Web CPA]
• Lehman administrators PwC repay $11bn to creditors – Seems like good news. [BBC]
• 2010: Get Ready for a Tax-a-palooza – “Facing trillions of dollars of expiring Bush-era tax cuts, President Obama and Congress will be forced to make some critical decisions in the new year.” [Tax Vox]
• SEC Seeks PAFs: Jan. 13 Deadline – Professional Accounting Fellows. You. [FEI Financial Reporting Blog]
• Let’s Talk About the Terrorist Underpants, Shall We? – Yes. Let’s. [DI]
• Revealed: How Oscar Nominee Ballots Are Counted – Because we know you were wondering. [The Wrap]
• Tax Court Channels Kenny Rogers – Raj isn’t the only fan. [Tax Update Blog]
• Shareholders Win Settlement in Comverse Suit – Deloitte pitched in $275,000. That’s roughly the equivalent to one partner’s Starbucks budget. [Web CPA]
• Bouncing Back: Overcoming a Negative Performance Review – Anyone? [FINS]
• Tax Accountants to Get Biggest 2010 Raise – Good news already! [TaxProf Blog]