Job Title: Remote Accountant in Charge
Location: Remote, Tennessee (Remote Based)
A full service accounting firm is looking for an “Accountant in Charge” to serve as a client manager between the partner and other staff. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to providing outstanding customer service. You’ll be a great culture fit here is you’re a team player, hands-on, self-driven, and a problem-solver.
*Must have CPA firm experience
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $75,000- $100,000 DOE
- Client Relationship Management: Oversee and manage the client relationships of the firm as it relates to maintenance services.
- Proposal Development: Meet with potential clients and provide proposals.
- Tax Review Meetings: Lead tax review meetings and year‐end tax projection meetings with clients.
- Service Opportunities: Identify and document advisory and maintenance service opportunities.
- Advisory Services: Develop and deliver advisory services to clients.
- Tax Return Preparation & Review: Advanced tax return preparation (Mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, changes in ownership, etc.) & Review of Level I & II.
- Tax Planning Opportunities: Identify and deliver tax planning opportunities.
- Client Communication: Assist with client questions via telephone and email.
- Workflow Processes: Creating documented efficient workflow processes for clients and position.
- Staff Oversight: Oversee and manage the final review of tax, accounting, and payroll reports/filings prepared by the AIC Assistants, AIC Level 1 and AIC Level 2 and sign returns.
- Staff Production & Utilization: Monitor AIC Assistant & AIC Level 1 and Level 2 staff production and utilization.
- Mentorship: Mentor Level 1, Level 2 AICs and AIC Assistants by providing constructive feedback and identifying areas for improvement.
- CPA not required but is a bonus
- 5+ years of multiple client experiences in a public accounting/advisory firm
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Tech: QBO/QBD, Sage ProSeries, and bonus would be PracticeCS