Job Title: Tax Senior or Tax Manager – Schaumburg, IL
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Hiring Company: Plante Moran
Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won’t be limited at Plante Moran. We’ll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
* Technical Responsibilities
* Review returns for partnership, corporate, and individual tax clients, including federal, foreign, state and local tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and assisting with Federal and State tax audits
* Determine appropriate tax objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client’s management to understand the broader impact of current decisions and possible solutions
* Identify tax solutions and opportunities for clients including federal or state credits or items generated from tax law changes
* Effectively leverage available technology (ie. CCH Axcess) and other resources to maximize technical application to project, and holds the engagement team to the same standard
* Serve as the primary engagement manager with economic responsibilities for billing, realization and collections
* Relationship Building and Staff Development
* Participate in internal and external networking events, including client meetings, industry events, etc.
* Contribute to business expansion efforts, including proposal development and sales calls
* Supervise and develop a team of 1-2 associates on each engagement in the areas of client engagement management and applied technical tax knowledge
* Immediate opportunity to work directly with Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners internally, and Accounting Managers, Controllers, and C-Suite individuals externally
* Firm Contributions
* Participate in annual CORE training program which focuses on development of core competencies to facilitate your growth at the firm
* Opportunities to be involved in various non-billable initiatives, including on and off-campus recruiting, internal training facilitation, buddy system/mentoring program, development of thought leadership content, etc.
* 2+ years recent experience in public accounting
* Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
* CPA or Bar License required
* Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Schaumburg, Illinois area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. Client travel throughout the region, with some overnight stays may be required. Additionally, there are opportunities for overnight travel to attend firm wide trainings and events
* This position may be filled as a Tax Senior or a Tax Manager depending on applicable experience and qualifications
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.