Job Title: Tax Senior
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our Client, an established Certified Public Accounting firm, is looking for a REMOTE Tax Senior to join their team. If you meet the qualifications below and are looking to join a firm that has an eye on the dynamic and changing nature of the industry, and follows a motto to lead with humor, then this may be the right firm for you.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
- Understand the operations, processes, and other aspects of client businesses, including significant tax and accounting issues.
- Establish professional credibility with clients.
- Appropriately prioritize multiple engagements, client assignments, and work demands.
- Address issues and unexpected problems quickly and effectively.
- Accept accountability and meet personal commitments.
- Previous experience working with clients in the construction industry is nice to have
- Prepare more complex individual tax returns and a variety of more complex business tax returns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make fundamental decisions relating to tax return preparation matters.
- When issues arise, outline them for the manager or partner on the engagement and suggest solutions/actions.
- Develop advanced knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local tax laws, regulations and rules.
- Develop advanced capabilities in performing tax accounting functions required on business tax engagements.
- Be able to resolve open items and issues encountered on assigned engagements.
- Assist in identification and research of complex technical issues/problems and potential solutions
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Plan engagements in advance and effectively supervise and review engagements.
- Use technology and practice aids appropriately to gain maximum efficiency in delivering the finished product in a timely manner.
People Development Responsibilities
- Provide timely, relevant, and effective feedback to co-workers and provide performance evaluations as requested.
- Clearly communicate technical issues to clients and staff.
- Tailor content and style of written communication to the needs and expectations of the audience.
- Proactively notify the partner or manager of engagement timeline pressures and suggest solutions.