Job Title: Tax Preparer – Store Operations 12472
Location: Houston, TX
Hiring Company: Jackson Hewitt
Tax Preparer – Store Operations 12472
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Answering client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
- Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional client service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Hands-on marketing with surrounding businesses, including office visits to promote brand awareness and new clientele
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Experience preferably in sales, service and tax preparation
- PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) required
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and math required.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment
- Field Instructor, Remote Support and Call Center certified
- 1+ years of experience preferably in sales, service and or tax preparation
- Remote Support or Call Center ready certified
- Enrolled Agent (EA) certification