Job Title: Tax Manager- Real Estate and Private Equity CPA Firm
Location: Northbrook, Illinois (Remote Based)
Remote Tax Manager needed at Real Estate and Private Equity CPA firm.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $95,000 – $125,000
You will work with sophisticated investor clients (specializing in real estate, venture funding, private equity, and other investments) to add value with a high level of independence and ownership of your work,
You will leverage your experience and strengths in:
- Complex multi-tiered tax structuring
- Financial modeling
- Accounting and consulting to structure transactions
- Prepare tax returns
- Create personal financial statements
- Assist with analytical projects.
Who You Are
Technical skills – You know deal structuring inside and out, built over years of experience in public accounting and/or a corporate environment, know your way around an Operating Agreement, are a master in Excel, have committed Section 704 to memory, have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and preferably have a CPA.
You have done most of the following:
- Tax Compliance and Planning – Prepared complex partnership tax returns with multi-tiered waterfalls
- Deal Structuring and Analysis – Created tax advantageous structures for limited and general partners
- General Accounting – Closed the year-end books for property management organizations
- Personal Financial Statements – Put together PFS for banks and other stakeholders of individuals with multiple investments, income streams, and expenses
- CFO/Controller – Leadership, strategic planning, system implementation, tax strategy, mergers and acquisitions, compliance, financial analysis, modeling, and business operations
- Influencing and relationship building – Our clients trust us to provide sound advice that is delivered in a way that builds long-term value and trust.
- Balance short and long-term priorities – You will be responsible for the short and long-term goals and outcomes of our clients while prioritizing multiple client projects at the same time.
- Take ownership – You honor your commitments and aren’t afraid to own your mistakes (we all make them). You take the lead but are willing to ask for help.
- Have fun – You enjoy what you do and take your work seriously (but don’t take yourself too seriously).
- Move forward – You are flexible in times of ambiguity, embrace change when necessary, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive compensation + bonus plan + new business commission share
- 20 Days PTO + 6 Paid Holidays
- Company-sponsored health/dental/vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan with match
- Short term life insurance policy paid by Company
- Flexible in office (Northbrook, downtown Chicago) and remote work mix