Job Title: Tax Manager- Real Estate and Private Equity CPA Firm
Location: Chicago, Illinois Indiana
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Remote Tax Manager needed at Real Estate and Private Equity CPA firm.
You will work with sophisticated investor clients (specializing in real estate, venture funding, private equity, and other investments) to add value with a high level of independence and ownership of your work,
You will leverage your experience and strengths in:
- Complex multi-tiered tax structuring
- Financial modeling
- Accounting and consulting to structure transactions
- Prepare tax returns
- Create personal financial statements
- Assist with analytical projects.
Who You Are
Technical skills – You know deal structuring inside and out, built over years of experience in public accounting and/or a corporate environment, know your way around an Operating Agreement, are a master in Excel, have committed Section 704 to memory, have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and preferably have a CPA.
You have done most of the following:
- Tax Compliance and Planning – Prepared complex partnership tax returns with multi-tiered waterfalls
- Deal Structuring and Analysis – Created tax advantageous structures for limited and general partners
- General Accounting – Closed the year-end books for property management organizations
- Personal Financial Statements – Put together PFS for banks and other stakeholders of individuals with multiple investments, income streams, and expenses
- CFO/Controller – Leadership, strategic planning, system implementation, tax strategy, mergers and acquisitions, compliance, financial analysis, modeling, and business operations
- Influencing and relationship building – Our clients trust us to provide sound advice that is delivered in a way that builds long-term value and trust.
- Balance short and long-term priorities – You will be responsible for the short and long-term goals and outcomes of our clients while prioritizing multiple client projects at the same time.
- Take ownership – You honor your commitments and aren’t afraid to own your mistakes (we all make them). You take the lead but are willing to ask for help.
- Have fun – You enjoy what you do and take your work seriously (but don’t take yourself too seriously).
- Move forward – You are flexible in times of ambiguity, embrace change when necessary, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive compensation + bonus plan + new business commission share
- 20 Days PTO + 6 Paid Holidays
- Company-sponsored health/dental/vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan with match
- Short term life insurance policy paid by Company
- Flexible in office (Northbrook, downtown Chicago) and remote work mix