Job Title: Tax Manager
Location: Fairhope, Alabama (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client is a tech-forward, innovation infused firm focused on developing deep relationships with our clients by providing customized solutions, timely responses, and high-quality services. They are seeking a permanently remote tax manager who will maintain team and client relationships via regular phone and Zoom meetings, reviewing tax work, and participating in leadership and firm initiatives.
Location: Remote, within the US
- Independent thinker, tech savvy, and a problem solver.
- Great communicator, comfortable on Zoom calls, and have the ability to deliver a ‘wow’ experience to clients.
- Highly effective at listening to the client to help the client find solutions to achieve their desired success
- Passionate about accounting & tax, with a desire to continue learning your craft.
- Enjoys training and team building. You’ll have people reporting up to you.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience preparing individual & business tax returns
- 5+ years of experience handling accounting for business clients
Tax Manager Role:
- Tax Preparation and Review – You’ll work with a variety of clients including complex individual clients (high net worth, multi-state, rentals, equity, etc) and business clients (Sch C, S corp, C corp, LLCs).
- Tax Strategy & Planning – You must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax liabilities.
- Accounting – You’ll work with junior staff to handle the month-end close, create journal entries, and ensure client financial statements are accurate.
- Client Onboarding – You will work with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Staff Training and Mentoring – You will be responsible for overseeing and training junior staff.
This client has spent the last 31 years challenging the status quo of the accounting profession to make changes for the better. Some changes include working less overtime, pricing work on value instead of time (that means they don’t use time sheets), basing incentive pay on the achievement of goals that benefit both you and the firm, and a commitment to continual learning.
- Competitive base compensation and additional variable incentive compensation
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great tech (Teams, Gusto, QBO, Xero, Fathom, UltraTax, etc.)
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Health insurance
- Group life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Seasonal office hours (we close at 1:00 on Fridays year-round)
- Paid training and certification opportunities
- Time off for community service – they support community involvement
- Internal committees that influence the culture and direction of the firm
- Opportunity for future growth