Job Title: Tax Innovation Cloud Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Hiring Company: PWC
Line of Service: Tax
Specialty/Competency: Industry Tax Practice
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Innovation Development practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients create a guided path to innovation by developing the right methods that generate insight based ideas, and to select, produce and commercialise the most valuable and viable results. You’ll focus on software driven innovation strategy, software technology diligence, operating model design, software product planning and management, and software architecture and cloud strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving: Linux system administration or DevOps experience.
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) Years of Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Linux system administration or DevOps experience
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing as a team leader, leading teams to generate a vision, establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation in DevOps including the following areas:
- Linux/Unix environment/System administration;
- Configuration Management;
- Multiple scripting languages on Linux Platform (bash, awk, sed, python);
- Cloud-hosted systems;
- Hardware capabilities;
- Transport security, ssh and certificates;
- Docker Containers for application deployment and orchestration;
- Relational databases;
- Infrastructure operations and security
- NoSQL data stores; and,
- Distributed/clustered or grid computing systems.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success leading teams/workstreams involving DevOps, emphasizing the following areas:
- Creating design documentation, assisting in project planning, and championing DevOps technologies;
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration;
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus;
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks;
- Driving to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail; and,
- Possessing sound judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.