Creative Financial Staffing
Job Title: Tax Associate – State & Local
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hiring Company: Creative Financial Staffing
- Prepare federal and state corporate, partnership, and individual returns not requiring advanced expertise.
- Prepare federal and state amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Respond to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Perform tax research projects requiring minimal expertise.
- Act as a state and local tax (SALT) resource for tax preparer/specialist and A&A staff on specific SALT tax issues and/or questions.
- Assist tax staff with complex state and local tax returns, such as multi-entity and multi-state filings (i.e., corporate combined state returns).
- Assume client service responsibility for company clients and for smooth flow of tax returns through the company’s system.
- Work to develop responsible trained staff.
- Occasional telecommuting permitted.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Tax, or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
- A three-year foreign degree in lieu of a four-year degree is acceptable.
- Must also have at least 1 year of progressive experience of highly specialized knowledge and expertise in the area of state and local taxation, including:
- State corporate and partnership compliance expertise, including tax software (i.e., CCH Axcess) inputs for combined unitary filers and state K-1s. Understanding of state estimated tax requirements for corporations and withholding/composite requirements for partnerships and S corporations.
- Performing apportionment analysis, analyzing income tax nexus, preparing voluntary disclosure agreements (VDAs) and other SALT income tax consulting.
- Preparation of indirect compliance and consulting projects including sales tax nexus, gross receipts tax filings, local business tax filings, and tax audit and controversy support.
For immediate consideration, please contact Matt Cruz directly.Matthew Cruz, Executive Recruiter