The Friedkin Group
Job Title: Supervisor, Accounting
Location: Houston, TX
Hiring Company: The Friedkin Group
The Supervisor, Accounting under the leadership of the Manager, Corporate Accounting, will support the process to provide business essential, cost effective, charge-back services to associates and business units for the Affiliated Companies. The Accounting Supervisor will 1) ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and on time within Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), company policy, and FSG Services Agreements, 2) review and enforce internal controls to protect company assets, and 3) provide general accounting services to the Friedkin affiliated companies. The Accounting Supervisor also will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communications in the affiliated Friedkin companies and develop the general accounting associates in TFG. The Accounting Supervisor will also supervise the preparation of the financial statements for the Friedkin Affiliated Companies.
* Lead, motivate, reward, and develop the general accounting team.
* Coach other associates and teammates to improve productivity and performance.
* Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for the Friedkin Affiliated companies.
* Maintain the close schedule.
* Prepare/Review journal entries — including recurring entries — for Month End Close.
* Maintain well-documented work papers for journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries have been recorded.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; dispose of reconciling items in a timely manner.
* Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units. Prepare, review and/or post Intercompany billing forms.
* Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP.
* Develop, review and ensure distribution of standard, recurring monthly, quarterly or annual financial reports to business units.
* Responsible for reviewing mass additions, fixed asset additions, disposals, depreciation, annual inventory reviews, monthly reporting.
* Compare actual results to budgeted results and provide variance explanations on a monthly basis.
* Responsible for AX General Ledger Administration — maintaining standard chart of accounts for all business units, integration with sub-modules
* Comply with accounting, tax, and regulatory policies that affect TFG, business units, and the affiliated companies.
* Review schedules to support tax preparation efforts.
* Perform or delegate analysis and research of new pronouncements, technological advancements, or operations and provide recommendations to management.
* Coordinate and communicate actions between TFG and the Friedkin Affiliated companies.
* Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer issues in an agreed upon timeframe. Strive to satisfy customers. Minimize referrals to management.
* Review internal controls; ensure that systems, processes, procedures and policies protect company assets.
* Serve as subject matter expert for the general ledger and financial control processes.
* Support and act as back-up to other team functions.
* Participate in annual business planning process; provide information and assistance to business units, as requested.
* Assist in reviewing or preparing ancillary audit schedules, audit footnotes, tax schedules and tax forms.
* Other duties as assigned
This position will supervise 3 direct reports.
* Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these associates.
* Interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, coordinating, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Sponsoring, directing, coordinating, and supporting project and process improvement teams, and participating in and/or supporting project teams sponsored by other management team members.
* Collaborates with co-workers and TFG leaders to leverage knowledge and experience to improve processes, procedures, and the work environment in order to eliminate inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Public Accounting experience and/or CPA is a plus.
Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of
* Microsoft Office Application Set – Excel
* AX Financials
* Standard financial accounting principles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS*
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled