Job Title: State And Local Tax Manager (Remote-Georgia)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Hiring Company: Wallero Inc
● Maintain and develop strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting engagements.
● Act as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
● Provide sales and use tax planning and consulting services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors.
● Advising clients on a variety of issues including multistate income and franchise tax planning, accounting for income taxes, restructuring, and due diligence.
● Overseeing complex state tax compliance engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
● Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications including apportionment methodology, unitary filings, and nexus considerations.
● Respond to notices and inquiries from tax authorities and representation of clients under a state tax audit. In addition, the skills and qualifications needed include:
● A minimum of 5 years of SALT experience in Public Accounting at the Senior or Manager level.
● An active CPA license.
● Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis.
● Experience with clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, retail, restaurant, technology, services, etc.