Jefferson Wells - a ManpowerGroup Company
Job Title: Staff/Senior Accountant (Audit/Tax)
Location: Troy, MI
Hiring Company: Jefferson Wells – a ManpowerGroup Company
STAFF OR SENIOR AUDITOR – PUBLIC ACCOUNTING
Our client is one of Metro Detroit area’s top public accounting firms. They specialize in serving the financial, tax and business advisory needs of privately held businesses and their owners, and their clients are located throughout Michigan and Florida.
Our client separates themselves from their competitors due to their friendly company culture. Their leaders care personally about their people and work to build work life balance and great relationships so that they can create an awesome place to work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan and perform audits, reviews, compilations, and various consulting client engagements
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic and moderately complex work-paper preparation
- Exhibit strong analytical skills to evaluate financial data and relationships
- Continue to develop administrative, professional and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze and communicate with both the engagement team and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner
- Analyze financial statement data and draw logical conclusions
- Exercise professional skepticism in the critical assessment of audit evidence
- Identify, assess, and document controls and weaknesses in client accounting systems
- Thoroughly evaluate assigned areas of financial statements and identify potential points for improvement
- Prepare clear and accurate work-papers and complete them timely
- Update Managers and/or Partners of job status and assurance issues in timely manner
- Develop understanding of client businesses related to assigned assurance areas
- Know and apply specialized knowledge, for example, the rules, regulations, and code of ethics of the AICPA, be familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”) and the AICPA, and applicable state regulations
- Organize, analyze and communicate with both fellow auditors and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1-3+ years of experience in public accounting in audit or assurance with some tax planning and tax return experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA license preferred or in pursuit
- Experience in public accounting audit engagements with some tax return experience
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable GAAP
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to research and analyze technical issues independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to identify internal control deficiencies and document management letter comments for purposes of communicating deficiencies and weaknesses to clients
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Automated Engagement Management tools
- Maintain neat and professional appearance
- Possess a courteous, cooperative and professional attitude
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and desire to succeed
- Display a commitment to acting in the best interest of the Firm
- Practice discretion and discernment in dealing with client and Firm matters
Our client continually strives to create a work environment that embraces change, strengthens quality of life, improves productivity and allows team members to pursue personal and firm goals. They encourage creativity, enthusiasm, positive goal setting and personal development. Teamwork and the desire to learn are two components that contribute to your success at the firm.
If you are looking for an exciting work environment with excellent growth opportunities, please apply today! We look forward to speaking with you soon!
At Jefferson Wells, we’ve built a reputation for results-driven, innovative workforce solutions that help companies create competitive advantage. From basic to complex, we custom tailor our services to fit our clients’ needs from interim and permanent professional talent resourcing to complete project solutions in the areas of risk & compliance, tax, finance & accounting and business optimization. Our professionals provide specialized industry and technical experience and expertise to our clients, enabling them to accelerate their business performance. We serve clients, including Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, from offices worldwide leveraging the workforce capabilities of the ManpowerGroup. Jefferson Wells is an Equal Opportunity Employer.