Job Title: Staff Accountant, Nonprofit clients
Location: , Remote
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Remote Staff Accountant needed to provide outsourced accounting services to nonprofit clients.
Full time, W2
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university or 5+ years of nonprofit or government experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with multiple clients, such as a CPA firm or similar.
- 5 years experience working with nonprofit clients or franchises.
- Possesses all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge of accounting functions.
- Experience with a variety of accounting software packages, including QBO, Bill.com, Gusto, Receipt Bank, Intacct, Abila.
- Strong knowledge of accounting as applied to nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Past experience working in a remote work environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Remote Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
Duties and tasks are varied but standardized. Staff Accountants work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Makes routine choices within established procedures
- Performs basic troubleshooting to reconcile account balances and inquiry to obtain missing information or verify unusual data
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets/databases
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment
- Prepares customer invoices according to agreements
- Prepares and processes payroll, taxes, and benefits according to each client’s 2 employment policies
- Reviews credit card transactions to ensure compliance with client policy, records transactions and reconciles for payment
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy
- Extracts general ledger information
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Applies proper coding and has familiarity with a client’s grant structure.