Job Title: Senior Tax Manager
Location: San Ramon, CA
Hiring Company: Armanino, LLP
We are currently seeking a client service-oriented individual to join our practice as a Senior Tax Manager specializing in Partnerships and Real Estate to work in the Bay Area.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of partnership tax services, including planning, research, compliance, allocations and general transactional activities
- Accurately analyze tax consequences from real estate transactions including 1031 exchange, calculation of 754 basis adjustments, reconcile partners book and tax capital accounts and analyze partnership minimum gain
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Manage partnership client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries
- Tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture, and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements
- Interact closely with assigned tax clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients while managing the client assignments to budget
- Plan, execute, direct and complete assigned client tax projects in a wide variety of industries, including private equity
- Conduct primary and secondary review of partnership income tax returns
- Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements and manage the client’s Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts
- Have a proficient working understanding of Sub-chapter K-Partnership taxation.
- Direct and monitor the state tax compliance and composite filing activities
- Supervise all aspects of real estate tax compliance for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates
- Facilitate client understanding of real estate development implications
- Manage, develop, train and mentor assigned tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for both engagement and year-end performance reviews
- Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development and business development activities
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships with client senior management
- Develop solutions for clients and champion the implementation of ideas
- Review and confirm assignment objectives, scope and work plan with client
- Identify assignment resource requirements and ensure the most appropriate resources are assigned to specific assignment roles
WHAT YOU NEED: QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance or related discipline, Master’s in Taxation preferred
- 6+ years of prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting firm, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff
- CPA license required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills including the ability to successfully coach and mentor talented people
- Experience in delivery of quality client service
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re up for the challenge and this is something you would like to consider, please apply online using the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the page.
Our interview process normally consists of:
- A phone interview with our Senior Recruiter, Sara Gregor
- 1-2 rounds of Zoom interviews with the Hiring Team
- Offers usually go out within 48 hours of your interviews
Work Authorization & Background Check
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the position requires eligibility for employment in the United States. Such documentation must be provided within three (3) business days of the date of hire. The position also requires an adequate reference and background checks.
Armanino LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Armanino LLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Armanino LLP expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Armanino LLP’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.