Job Title: Senior Associate – State and Local Tax (Income)
Location: Chicago, IL
Hiring Company: Andersen
Senior Associates with our State & Local Tax (SALT) practice serve on various engagement teams that support a wide range of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to venture-backed startups.
Senior Associates can expect to:
- Review and prepare state and local income tax returns;
- Provide tax controversy audit support;
- Assist in project management of compliance/consulting engagements and identify client solutions;
- Conduct research to remain current with legislative changes;
- Draft and review memoranda and additional client deliverables;
- Assist with the preparation and review of Nexus Studies;
- Supervise and mentor Associates and Interns;
- Receive formal State & Local tax training, on the job training, direct feedback from top tax leaders, and the opportunity to pursue additional training through internal and external resources.
- 2+ years of relevant tax experience;
- Bachelor’s and/or relevant advanced degree (MAcc, MST, JD);
- Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree (Preferred)
- minimum GPA of 3.0
- Advanced credential or desire to obtain advanced credential allowing for IRS client representation (i.e. CPA, JD);
- Self-starter with the initiative to seek out opportunities and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; and
- Proficient use of technology.
Andersen welcomes and encourages workforce diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation (including gender identity and gender expression), mental disability, physical disability, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age, marital status, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or regulations. All qualified individuals, including those with criminal histories, will be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Additionally, we make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
ANDERSEN TAX LLC NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS