Job Title: Senior Accountant, Advisor
Location: Chicago, Illinois Indiana
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our progressive CPA firm client is seeking a Senior Accountant with recent experience working at a CPA firm. The role involves the ability to interpret and communicate financials to clients, review the work of a Staff Accountant, and manage a book of clients. This is an interesting, varied position and a great career opportunity at a growing firm.
Full time, W2
Responsibilities for Senior Accountant, Advisor:
- Manage multiple client relationships in a CPA firm environment; facilitate client meetings to interpret and review financials monthly or quarterly, including custom tax
- Ability to independently produce error-free financial statements and accounting reports for client use
- Ability to review staff accountant’s work for accuracy, and train staff accountant on any corrections needed
- Prepare tax projections for each client
- Manage relationships with staff accountants
- File sales tax return for applicable clients
- Solve problems; can dissect an issue, identify the problems, and identify the next steps to getting the problem(s) solved
- Effectively manage workflow and schedule to ensure punctual client meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Min 5 years prior public accounting experience and comfortable working simultaneously with multiple clients in varied industries.
- Ability to communicate with clients effectively – both verbal and written (requesting documents, asking clarifying questions regarding transactions)
- Prior experience working remotely
- Self-starter who is effective with minimal direction
- Well-versed in Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online; some hands-on experience using Xero and Thompson Reuters would be helpful.
Other Experience/Qualifications that will make you a great fit for this role:
- Prior experience working at an accounting firm that has 3+ employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Experience and understanding of how payroll accounting and concepts work
- Understand the functions of A/R and A/P in applicable software
- Experience in corporate and personal tax preparation a plus
- Experience processing sales tax returns
- Dedicated home office workspace
- Technical experience with the following a plus: Sharefile, Google Docs, Slack, Ultra Tax, Xero Practice Management, Karbon, Peachtree, ADP, Paychex, Gusto, Paylocity, Thompson Reuters software, Excel, and Outlook.
- A fast-growing, progressive firm
- Fully remote role – no commute!
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Cafeteria Plan