Job Title: Remote Tax Senior
Location: Dallas, Texas (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client, an established firm, ranked in the top 20 in their region, is looking for a qualified REMOTE Tax Senior. The REMOTE Tax Senior will join a team of dedicated CPA’s providing relationship-based tax, audit, business valuation and litigation support, and accounting services.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
$70,000 to $80,000- Depending on Experience
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs most work assigned with a minimum of assistance
- Often leads a number of staff accountants, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews the work done, and directs necessary revisions
- Ability to make decisions on most accounting matters. When unusual problems arise, outlines them for the manager or principal/shareholder and then acts on advice
- Ability to set up time budgets on jobs previously handled and can lead staff accountants to employ methods that will accomplish objectives timely
- Displays professional conduct, showing confidence and ease in the presence of staff and client representatives
• Performs diversified accounting and tax assignments under the direction of supervisors.
• Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm
• Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
• Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
• Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
• Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or
principals/shareholders is kept to a minimum.
• Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned.
• Knows and understands the reason behind the firm’s policies and procedures.
• Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
• Begins acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
• Begins developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
• Manages basic to intermediately complex tax compliance and planning projects from start to finish.
• Prepares complex tax returns.
• Reviews tax returns, bookkeeping and accounting projects.
• Prepares compilations.
• Proficient at tax research including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
• Assumes responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
• Mastered responsibilities and position requirements of Tax Associate – Experienced.
• Minimum of 24 to 36 months full-time experience (including normal overtime requirements) having
worked at least two busy seasons while demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks
and tax knowledge.
• Eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
• Demonstrates good project management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with required accounting hours to sit for the CPA exam.
• Mastered responsibilities and position requirements of experienced Tax Staff and is beginning to function in the role of Tax Senior.
• Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or is working toward obtaining the
license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
• Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.