Job Title: Remote Tax Reviewer
Location: Cincinnati, Contract, Remote (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our CPA firm client is seeking a REMOTE Part-time Tax Reviewer to review personal and business tax returns as well as work through tax questions from the staff. This is a perfect role for someone with current or previous Tax Manager experience.
Part time, 1099
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $60-$80 per hour
About Our Client:
Our client is a CPA firm focused on proactively leading dental and professional services clients in advising, accounting, tax planning & tax preparation.
This role is very part time, flexible, and remote. This is a great role for someone who is or has been a tax manager over the years.
Remote Tax Reviewer Responsibilities:
- Review of both business and individual tax returns and other tax compliance work
- Research of tax questions as they come up.
- Ability to explain and teach staff during the review. Our goal is that our staff continue learning how to handle tax issues as they arise.
- Availability during tax season. Usually our tax reviewer would come in a few times a week during tax season and review 3-5 returns a day. We would also need some availability over the summer/ fall for extended returns.
Requirements for the Remote Tax Reviewer:
- Licensed CPA preferred but not required. If not CPA, need EA designation.
- At least 10 tax seasons preparing signature ready, moderate to complex individual and business returns.
- Desire to work with a smaller firm- we offer flexibility in work schedule and hours.
- Comfortable reviewing returns with staff over Zoom
- Knowledge of Ohio State/City taxes preferred but not required