Job Title: Remote Tax Manager
Location: Pensacola, Florida (Remote Based)
Our client, a national consulting accounting firm focused on high-growth startup clients, is seeking a talented REMOTE Tax Manager to join their successful firm. This may be the right next position for you if are a team player who takes ownership, initiative, and pride in your work and enjoys collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $80,000 – $120,000
- INCOME TAX REVIEW AND SIGN OFF
- Review and sign off on ~150 1120 tax returns
- 25% of these are very straightforward, easy, first or second-year filings.
- 25% have a 5471
- 25% of these have an M3
- All returns will be prepped, but you may need to give feedback/corrections to the Senior Tax Accountant who prepped it
CONSULTING TAX WORK:
- Help troubleshoot Account Manager client tax issues.
- Answer questions and resolve clients’ tax problems.
- Resolve any IRS notices or audit requests
- Assist in all M&A transactions: gather documents, serve as senior liaison to Big 4/acquirer
- If interested in getting into R&D and or SUT, we would love to leave that opportunity open for you, but not required
TAX MENTORSHIP & LEADERSHIP
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior accounting and tax staff
- Perform a 1:1 with direct reports and Tax Director once a month and report on findings/recommendations
- Review tax billing reports ensuring completion and accuracy
- Provide weekly updates to the Tax Director regarding tax process status/goals/delays/roadblocks
- Attend weekly all-hands meetings
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Tax Team delivers Income Tax Returns as scheduled
- Tax Team meets allotted revenue goals on time
- Tax Team 360 review of Tax Manager is a “B” or higher
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client utilizes best-of-breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Bill.com, Zoom, Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- PTO (15 days)
- Sick Time Off (9 days)
- Company Holidays (9 days)