Job Title: Remote Tax Manager
Location: New York, New York (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client, a tech-forward accounting startup focused on delivering accounting, tax, and planning services for business owners & high net worth individuals, is seeking a REMOTE Tax Manager
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $80,000 to $90,000 plus additional variable component based on revenue managed
- You’re an independent thinker, tech savvy, and a problem solver
- Great communicator, comfortable on Zoom calls, and have the ability to deliver a ‘wow’ experience to clients
- Passionate about accounting & tax, with a desire to continue learning and perfecting your craft.
- Someone that enjoys training and team building. You’ll have people reporting up to you.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting. CPA required
- 5+ years of experience preparing individual & business tax returns
- 5+ years of experience handling accounting for business clients
- Experience with Lacerte, QBO, and Gusto preferred
- Experience with NY/NYC clients preferred
Tax Manager Role:
- Tax Preparation and Review – You’ll manage a book of business including complex individual clients (high net worth, multi-state, rentals, equity, etc) and business clients (Sch C, S corp, C corp, LLCs)
- Tax Strategy & Planning – Must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax liabilities
- Accounting – You’ll work with junior staff to handle the month-end close, create journal entries, and ensure client financial statements are accurate. For many clients we also oversee payroll (on Gusto) & sales tax filings.
- Client Onboarding – Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Staff Training and Mentoring – Responsible for overseeing and training junior staff.
- Good base and additional variable compensation based on revenue handled is available
- Remote work
- Great tech (Slack, GSuite, Karbon, Lacerte, QBO, etc.)
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Medical Benefits
- 401(k) Plan