Job Title: Remote Tax Manager, CPA
Location: Fort Worth, Remote (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our Client a growing, forward thinking Accounting Firm providing personal responsive service to their small business clients is seeking to hire the right full time REMOTE Tax Manager. The firm is focused on implementing best practices and new approaches that challenge the traditional accounting approach. If you’re a leader with the ability to manage the tax practice area this could be the position for you!
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $110,000 – $130,000
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting. CPA required
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting firm is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
- In Depth Knowledge of UltraTax CS, QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Able to exercise competence, diligence and a proper understanding of financial information
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate within our organization and our valued clients
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
Remote Tax Manager Position Description:
- Tax Preparation and Review – Individual, partnership and corporate income tax return preparation and review. Other tax return preparation as needed, including sales tax, business licensing, personal property, estate and gift returns, payroll tax returns and business registration forms
- Tax Planning – Must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax expense
- Accounting –General Accounting responsibilities, including general ledger, AP, AR, Journal Entries, and Payroll
- Monthly Financial Statement Preparation –Preparing financial statements including Balance Sheets, P & Ls, and Budget vs. Actual financial analysis
- Client Onboarding – Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Deadline Management –Reference financial calendar to ensure all deadlines are met
- Staff Training and Mentoring – This position will be responsible for overseeing and training junior staff.
About Our Client:
- This is a small firm where every person matters.
- Managers are crucial to our future success. You will have opportunity to influence firm strategy, culture, and service offerings.
- Wide range of clients to provide variety and opportunities for growth.
- Our firm is cloud based, which provides opportunity for in person, remote, or hybrid work.
- No crazy tax seasons. The owner has 4 children and is home every night for dinner.
What you Should Bring:
- A builder, problem solver, fixer. Someone whose default setting is attack and make it happen.
- Someone that enjoys training and team building. The candidate hired into this position will have people reporting up to them.
- Someone that takes pride in being technically proficient and exhibits a desire to continue learning and perfecting their craft.
- Flexible Work Days
- Remote or In-Office Work
- Health Stipend
- Paid Time Off