Job Title: Remote Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, Texas (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client, a rapidly expanding cloud-based accounting firm, is looking for a talented Remote Senior Staff Accountant to join their growing team of professional, growth-minded, hard-working, and dedicated accountants and CPAs.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $65,000 to $85,000
Are you looking for a growth opportunity with a rapidly expanding cloud based accounting firm? We are on the lookout for the ideal Senior Staff Accountant to join our client’s team of professional, growth-minded, hard-working, and dedicated accountants and CPAs. This candidate will work closely and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize efficiency, problem solving and results.
- Technology savvy
- Problem-solving and proactive decision-making
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Project management skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple clients’ needs simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Entrepreneurial spirit, mind & drive
- High attention to detail
- Dedication to self-improvement and an eagerness to grow in the public accounting profession
- Must have CPA license
- M.S. in Taxation (preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Working knowledge and experience with UltraTax CS, QuickBooks Online & Xero is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- Advanced knowledge of tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership tax returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Research tax issues and legislation and interpret tax code.
- Create workpapers and documentation to support tax return calculations.
- Make projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process.
- Interact with client personnel regarding tax return information, deadlines, etc. and keep the team informed on status.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Keep current on professional announcements and proactively participate in professional development opportunities
- Initiate and develop a relationship with appropriate levels of the client’s management team.
- Provide training to co-workers on technical areas of tax expertise.
- Give insight and thought leadership to corporate publications on tax matters.
- Additional responsibilities, not listed above may be expected as needed.
Current Client Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus opportunities
- Opportunity for advancement
- Fun work environment