Job Title: Remote Accounting/Onboarding Manager
Location: Brekenridge, Colorado (Remote Based)
To Apply for this Job Click Here
An entirely virtual public accounting firm, experiencing sizable growth, is seeking a Remote Accounting/Onboarding Manager. If you have a proven track record of onboarding new accounting clients in need of monthly financial statement preparation, payroll, sales tax, and related services into an efficient and repeatable month-end close process, you are encouraged to apply!
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
- Acting as the primary point of contact for new clients you will use cloud‐based platforms and test new technologies to optimize workflow
- With oversight from our firm founder and senior staff, you will completely setup, convert and oversee all onboarding of new monthly financial statement accounts and their related accounting components.
- Ability to both oversee existing staff and roll up your sleeves to complete transactional financial work in order to get new accounts transitioned to the firm from their prior provider.
- Responsible for setting up and managing clients from the time they sign‐up until onboarding is complete.
- Lead and implement the new client’s accounting system configuration, the data migration process, document the monthly process unique to the new client, and transition the account to the staff accounting team.
- Cleanup prior accounting work both on own and by leveraging existing staff.
- Complete prior period back work that needs to be caught up for new clients. Initiate implementation as efficiently as possible using our structured onboarding process.
- CPA designation or CPA candidate preferred but will consider non‐CPAs with a strong work history
- 4+ years of public accounting experience.
- Ability to independently make complex decisions and recommendations
- Knowledge and strong understanding of general accounting principles and processes.
- Ability to train clients and personnel on new accounting processes and systems.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft suite, Gmail, zoom, Xero, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Payroll Relief, Practice Ignition are all pluses.
- Tech forward
- Proficient in troubleshooting accounting software problems and finding a resolutio
- Problem‐solving skills
- Success in a virtual environment.
- A dedicated, secure and quiet room to work from home with no interruptions to conduct video calls.
- No commute – work from home!
- Full Time role with a very flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary/incentive package
- Consistent annual growth with 15 years in business
- Ongoing training
- 15 PTO days off per year
- Required 9‐day period fully disconnected from work platforms, client expectations, and team communications (a weekend, week, and weekend)
- Company health insurance policy and $300/month toward individual plan
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Workstation and related electronics provided