Job Title: Remote Accounting Analyst
Location: Greenville, South Carolina (Remote Based)
Our client, a boutique consultative and advisory CPA firm is seeking the right Remote Accounting Analyst to serve their high end nonprofit and creative industry clients.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity for team collaboration, learning and growth as you use your skills and experience to proactively lead clients and equip them for growth. If you enjoy managing the daily/weekly accounting and payroll details for multiple clients while using your sharp research and analytical skills to support the CPA, you’ll be right at home in this position!
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
- 40 hours per week at $65,000 – $75,000/year (with a potential for a signing bonus) which allows for a beginning book of clients to serve + capacity to serve more clients over time.
- This position is full time.
- Fully remote full time work
- You don’t have to bill by the hour, and no time tracking!
- A great support team – they focus on the movement of the firm, so you will be free to focus on your client’s technical work and team collaboration.
- Health insurance benefits.
Details of Your Role may include:
- Manage all daily/weekly accounting and payroll details for clients such as:
- Pay bills, post transactions in bill pay systems, post invoices in client’s accounting/invoicing system, perform reconciliation processes in various accounting products for clients, analysis of financial reports and payroll tax filing
- Notify the CPA when reconciliations are complete so they can review accounting and offer suggestions and changes.
- Perform research/analysis of financial reporting, government filing, tax issues, etc. for the CPA when needed.
- Meet with CPAs periodically to discuss accounting processes and any service issues for particular clients.
- Seek certification in the various accounting products the firm uses to support our clients.
- When determined, troubleshoot broken integration links between accounting products and clients’ bank/credit card accounts.
- Perform new state setups and registrations for clients’ payroll in various states.
- When acting as the client lead on smaller clients, Remote Accounting Analyst may also meet with clients, will prepare the financial reporting for review, build client processes, prepare business taxes, tax returns for owner/s, and perform the tax planning where applicable.
- Your own reliable computer & secure high speed internet service to work in our firm. Unbundled high speed internet is reimbursed by the firm.
- HUGE amounts of communication with the team you have been assigned to support.
- Great email and written communication skills.
- Attendance (virtual) at weekly team meetings.
- Use of internet communication tools like Zoom is a must.
- Heavy use of online accounting technology, bill pay systems and technology integrations.
- You may be required to travel periodically for retreats or team meetings, all expenses paid.
- Communication with the team. We use private community portals to stay in touch with each other, and we need to hear from each other throughout the day.
- Though you will be virtual, this role is considered ‘coming to the office’ daily through our online office chat tool. The clients’ contracts and team collaboration drive the timing of when you work each day.
- Bachelors in Accounting required.
- QBO experience required, QBOA certification beneficial.
- Xero experience required.