Job Title: PT Accountant, NFP clients
Location: Dallas, Texas (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client, a provider of accounting and donor management advisory services to churches and nonprofit organizations, is seeking a REMOTE PT Accountant who is familiar with NFP accounting.
Part Time, 1099
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $30-$40 per hour; 20-30 hours per week
Description of client work:
- Clients are churches and NFP organizations in the $500k – $10M budget range.
- Work with smaller NFPs to get their accounting and donor management systems set up
- Helps clients find ways to be more efficient with their systems, train their people well and help them be the best stewards of their finite resources.
- The nature of the client work depends on the size and type of client and the size and expertise of the accounting department, on staff.
- Filling in for accounting staff if there is turnover
- Updating accounting and donor management systems; implement new cloud-based systems to handle accounting, online giving, donor management, and payroll.
- Work with clients to add stronger controls, update the books
- Support existing staff, answer questions, prepare cash flow analysis, help with budgeting, analysis donation patterns
- Serve as outsourced CFO for a large church; take on special projects, create efficiencies
- Grant work
- The work tends to be more project-based, NOT taking over routine procedures for clients like month-end procedures, paying bills, running payroll etc.
- Experience preparing for the audit; documenting processes.
- They do not support clients on QB
- Curious and likes to solve puzzles
- Likes to figure out how to connect the pieces
- Experience with more robust accounting systems – different modules for AR, AP, GL modules
- Strong Excel skills; likes working with data