Grant Thornton LLP
Job Title: Partnership Tax Manager – PCAM
Location: New York, NY
Hiring Company: Grant Thornton LLP
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Partnership Tax Manager – PCAM
The Tax Manager in our Partnership Capital Account Maintenance (PCAM) tax group serves as a tax technical/mechanical resource responsible for consulting on and implementing the development of tax and 704(b) capital account allocation models. Further, this person would aid in collaboration with practice office management to deepen technical knowledge throughout the Firm. The Tax Manager interacts with national and regional leadership to drive our PCAM initiatives which integrates into broader regional and national goals. In addition to being a PCAM resource to the Firm, the Tax Manager maintains close interaction with clients to provide planning and consulting expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrate and maintain technical expertise in Partnership (Subchapter K) tax matters.
* Ensure continuous development of tax professionals within the PCAM group.
* Prepare Excel spreadsheets to store the client specific application of key Subchapter K concepts, such as IRC 704(b) capital accounts, outside tax basis, inside basis adjustments, disguised sales, and IRC 751(b) hot asset sales/exchanges.
* Work within principles of IRC 704(c) when applying multi-layer separate asset methods or multi-layer netting methods.
* Be experienced in the applications of IRC 743 and IRC 734 along with the applications of IRC 755.
* Facilitate client understanding of Partnership (Subchapter K) tax development implications.
* Promote collaboration between service lines and industries to provide high quality client service.
* Elevate the Grant Thornton Brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing our marketing and sales programs.
* Engage in productive interaction and teaming with office, regional and national leadership.
* Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards.
* REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Active CPA, or JD, (LLM in Taxation preferred).
* 5 or more years of Partnership (Subchapter K) tax consulting experience at a major public accounting or law firm.
* Demonstrated success in a leadership role. Excellent analytical, organizational, writing and project management skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet preparation and interpretation.
* Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FOR LA PROPER ONLY: We will consider all qualified Applicants for employment; including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.