Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Job Title: Night Auditor
Location: Olympic Valley, CA
Hiring Company: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word “squaw,” which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Greet each guest who enters the Lodging Reception Center, answer phone calls, answer all questions with accurate responses.
- Review lodging transactions daily to ensure that accurate and timely revenues and expenses are recorded.
- Responsible for setting up all aspects of the Front Desk for the next day’s operations.
- Aid guests with questions that involve calling businesses, i.e. taxi, theater, airlines, car rentals.
- Use computer system to perform all check-in and check-out functions
- Participate in the sales culture of the front desk by booking walk-ins, upselling reservations, and taking advantage of any promotional products offered at the front desk.
- Accountable for monies received at Front Desk and responsible for turning in all monies to accounting.
- Use computer systems to prepare and send backup to credit card companies.
- Run all necessary reports and programs to ensure a successful end of the day.
- Utilize checklists to ensure that all job functions are completed
- Follow procedures and coordinates efforts with Security during any emergency (Power outage, fire, etc.)
- Assist new employees in learning job functions.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft word and excel
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and work well under stressful situations.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to an indoor working environment
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually low.
- One year experience in a guest service position
- Experience working at a hotel/resort Front Desk.
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better