Job Title: Inventory Controller
Location: Nashville, TN
Hiring Company: Restaurant Depot
– Maintaining the accuracy of the physical inventory at the branch.
– Using a scan gun and moves merchandise as needed in order to obtain information needed.
– Making decisions on pricing and insures that gross margins are maintained on a level required by corporate.
– Communicates margin issues to buyers and follows up for timely response.
– Reviewing sales price differential report to determine if front end pricing is accurate and makes the appropriate changes.
– Insuring that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and regular basis.
– Training all staff for inventory purposes and is responsible for the preparation and conducting of semi-annual inventories.
– Coordinating Inventory Control with the Receiving, Perishables, Dry Goods Floor and Front End to make sure low stock, out of stock, negative on hand and computer inventory is correct.
– Supervising full time Stock-taker, Receiving Department, and Front End Department.
– Coordinates writing of adjustment vouchers to vendors for damages and meets with vendor reps to obtain their approvals.
– Responsible for liquor and tobacco tax filings with the proper governmental agencies.
– Reporting shrink and research causes.
– Controlling markdowns & voids by monitoring damages and overstock.
– Analyzing and determines reasons for negative inventory and margins.
– Reviewing store statistical reports for any abnormal or erroneous data.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC WS-LC
Shift start: 5:00AM
Shift length: 9.5 hours
Monday – Friday, some Saturday/Sunday
- Health, dental, vision insurance – available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 21+ years old
At least 4 years experience in inventory control.
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.