Job Title: Indirect Tax Specialist, Remote
Location: Brookhaven, Georgia (Remote Based)
Remote Indirect Tax Specialist – a work-from-home position at a leading cloud accounting firm.
As a Remote Indirect Tax Specialist at this fully remote CPA firm, you will provide state and local indirect tax consulting and compliance services to our client base in the SaaS, E-commerce, and Professional Services verticals. You will work directly with clients, and our team, and leverage the experiences of our team and partners.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $60,000 – $65,000
Responsibilities for Remote Indirect Tax Specialist:
- Preparing workpapers and filing state and local tax returns, property tax returns and other indirect tax returns.
- Research various indirect tax matters, including nexus and state filing requirements.
- Respond to notices received and participate in any sales tax review.
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 3 to 5 plus years experience in a broad range of state and local, property tax, annual reports, and other non-income tax processes and tools
- Industry and public accounting firm work experience with emphasis on indirect tax work
- Knowledge of state-specific filing requirements and tax notices
- Previous experience with multi-state tax work
- The ability to research questions or technical topics
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
Qualifications for Remote Indirect Tax Specialist:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work (and thrive), in a remote team organization
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- General computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and Lync/Skype.
- Experience with leading tax software (CCH ProFX Foundation or Axcess preferred)
- Experience with international tax issues a plus!
Benefits (just to name a few):
- A cloud-based firm, you can work anywhere there is Wi-Fi
- Flexible hours, as long as deliverables are met
- Develop relationships across the globe and gain invaluable experience while working on a variety of business types, with highly interesting clients
- Competitive medical plan and profit-sharing plan