Job Title: Experienced Tax Professional – NW and NE Houston
Location: North Houston, TX
Hiring Company: H&R Block
H&R BLOCK is on the move! We are growing and expanding with a need for Top Tax Professionals. I am hiring Tax Professionals that either have a established book of business or would like to begin a career with H&R Block and develop one. At H&R Block, you are the owner of your earning potential and I offer a competitive salary based on your experience!
If you are a Passionate and Client Focused individual that lives or can commute to the 610 North, 59 North, 290, 45 areas please email me.
Our Tax Professionals look at our client’s life through tax and find ways to help! H&R Block has been focused on quality client service for more than five decades and is the largest tax preparer in the industry.
As a representative of H&R Block, you are responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns while delivering outstanding client service.
Tax Professional duties include:
- Conducting tax interviews with clients
- Ensuring client confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to prepare complex tax returns
- Increasing retention of all clients
- Offering additional products and services
- Actively participating in local marketing
- IRS audit support & attendance
- Generating business growth
- Growing tax expertise
- Providing mentoring and supporting teammates
- Other duties, as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent, and meeting all continuing education requirements of the position. Additional course work in math, accounting, or finance is preferred.
Skills and Experience
Experience is typically acquired through previous tax preparation, and successful completion of the H&R Block’s Tax Knowledge Assessment or equivalent. Associate must meet H&R Block’s 18-hour continuing education requirement and meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements in order to be considered eligible for employment. Additional experience for this position is acquired through training upon hiring.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in person.
- Previous customer service experiences are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary based on experience.
- Tax Preparation : 1 year (Required)