Job Title: Controller | Real Estate | Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Hiring Company: Michael Page
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Oversee all accounting operations including A/P, G/L, and Development Accounting, ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
* Direct, review, and approve weekly cash analysis and bi-weekly capital calls for Joint Venture Partner.
* Prepare and publish monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements.
* Prepare annual operating budgets and financial forecasts.
* Analyze and audit accounting documents for accuracy.
* Provide the accounting and finance leadership needed to ensure capital is being utilized appropriately; present recommendations to senior leadership in efforts to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Initiate and maintain positive business relationships with outside stakeholders, including bankers, insurance agents, attorneys, and consultants.
* Review and approve monthly bank draws for development projects.
* Coordinate payroll, 401K, and benefits administration
* Maintain business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
* Maintain and review corporate insurance policies.
* Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
* Organize information and statements for internal and external audits.
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
* Minimum 5 years or more of proven working experience as a financial controller to include: Job Costing, Forecasts & Budgeting.
* Ideal candidate has previous experience in real estate and development accounting.
* Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
* Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Highly proficient in Excel.
* Software experience desired: QuickBooks
* Proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment; act with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to think critically and execute sound judgment using strong problem-solving skills.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to collaborate with all employees and outside partners while inspiring respect and credibility.
* Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
Our client is an innovative real estate developer primarily engaged in the acquisition, development, management, ownership, and disposition of multifamily horizontal for-rent communities.
* Aggressive Base Salary
* Competitive compensation package
* Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off