Job Title: Controller – Multifamily Real Estate – Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX
Hiring Company: Michael Page
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Lead the property and corporate accounting teams which includes managing the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closes.
* Oversee the preparation of all financial statements and reports.
* Lead the presentation and explanation of financial packages to management, investors, and lenders.
* Ensure all financial reporting is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
* Responsible for the coordination of all tax return reporting, K-1 preparations, and execution of tax strategies, including cost segregation studies.
* Manage all aspects of financial audits.
* Review draft management agreements, analyzing the accounting implications and recommending alternatives related to various deals.
* Collaborate with Finance Manager on execution of both the Acquisition and Disposition processes from the perspective of our Accounting & Finance teams.
* Assist in the monitoring of debt covenants and oversee lender reporting and loan administration.
* Coach and mentor accounting team members on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that drive results, identifies team goals, and evaluates team progress.
* Oversee and lead financial training of all newly hired or newly promoted Community Directors and Regional Managers.
* Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
* Lead and execute a variety of special projects and accounting initiatives, including automating, and increasing efficiency of processes, developing training materials, and creating value-add reports.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
* 10+ years' experience in property accounting.
* At least 3-5 years' experience leading a team.
* Multifamily Property Management experience required.
* Strong working knowledge of RealPage Accounting required.
* Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
* Accuracy and attention to detail while working at a fast pace and under tight deadlines.
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills, expertise in Excel.
* Real Estate Development experience a plus.
* Desire to thrive and be successful in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
* Unwavering integrity, coachable, team player, humble.
Our client is a recently created company founded in 2017 and currently owns and operates $1 billion of multifamily properties throughout the major markets in Texas and the southeastern United States.
* Competitive Pay
* 401k with Company Match
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
* Paid Life Insurance
* Employee Referral Program
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Rent Discount Program
* Rapidly Growing Company with Opportunities for Growth