Job Title: Controller
Location: Hungerford, England
Hiring Company: CDK Global
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
Purpose of role
To lead all accounting, reporting and internal control activities across the CDKI business, ensuring that they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with established best practice process. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of CDK Global based in the US with a dotted line to the CFO of CDKI It has line management accountability for the all controllership activities for CDKI including general accounting, statutory accounting and reporting, external auditor management and internal controls and requires the close liaison with the Business Service Centre, Corporate controlling, tax and treasury teams as well as CDKI Senior Operational Management and Finance team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the execution the monthly and quarterly financial close process in partnership with the finance shared services team at the Business Servicer Centre (BSC) in Prague including revenue accounting in accordance with ASC 606.
- Own the application of US GAAP accounting and CDK accounting policy for the CDK International segment
- Be the liaison between the Corporate Accounting team/Corporate tax team and the International sites for closing process
- Facilitate preparation of SEC reporting related to the International business including segment reporting and MD&A
- Perform the quarterly balance sheet review process for the International business sites
- Develop and maintain the SOX requirements for the International sites in partnership with the CDK Corporate SOX Project Leader
- Partner with the finance shared services team to execute statutory and US GAAP reporting and audits in conjunction with our external auditors
- Partner with the International Finance team to support the International business team related to accounting, internal controls and audit matters to ensure transparency and timely communication of requirements and impact to financial results
- Provide leadership and management of the employees within the International Controllership Team
- Provide written and verbal communications to senior leadership
- Create a positive working environment that fosters team and individual performance
Skills and experience
- Experience of US GAAP reporting requirements
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint. Experience of MS Navision and Hyperion ESSbase would be desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised with strong planning and time management skills in an International environment.
- Attention to detail whilst able to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to lead a large, multi-level team including build out of the new team in Prague and ongoing oversight of her global teams in UK, Prague and China
Qualifications and other requirements
- Qualified chartered accountant
- Strong demonstrable experience of Financial control experience in an International software or technology company
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills with ability to build influential relationships at all levels
- Significant experience in accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and compliance
- Demonstrable experience of proactively managing a team
- Working in an International environment
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we’re united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you’ll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths
Your benefits. To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
The perfect opportunity awaits. Start your career with CDK Global.