Job Title: Client Accounting Specialist, CPA Firm
Location: Fort Wright, Kentucky (Remote Based)
CPA Firm is seeking a Client Accounting Specialist to add to their growing team. If you have the skills and characteristics described below, apply now to this position that offers multiple possibilities for upward mobility at a firm that provides work/life balance with a flexible work schedule in a high-growth, energetic, supportive environment.
*Must have CPA firm experience
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $70,000- $80,000 DOE
Current Benefits include:
- Retirement plan
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability, life insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement
As an Accounting Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple clients, in a wide variety of industries.
- Overall day-to-day management and oversight of client engagements.
- Performing/reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reviewing client financial information and general ledger detail for the purposes of completeness. accuracy, and proper account classification.
- Preparing of financial statements and key management reports for reporting purposes.
- Client Budgeting
- Assist Tax Specialists with preparation and planning for businesses and business owners
- Supervising and management of accounting staff
- Our Client Accounting Specialist use a variety of accounting packages and tools, including:
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Various Payroll Providers
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Ensure client accounting services are provided in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Own client relationships as a business advisor to clients, by providing valuable insights, offering advice on future planning and training client users on enhanced processes.
- Collaborate with team providing client accounting services pertaining to general accounting and financial reporting.
- Complete final review and approve all client deliverables (standard and complex).
- Continuously evaluate processes and procedures within the client services and implementation functions, with emphasis on implementing efficiencies.
- Bring forward solutions to increase efficiency and productivity and share ideas and recommendations on running profitable engagements.
- Manage time and projects effectively by communicating frequently with engagement team members and delegating work as appropriate.
- Supervise and develop team members with a focus on developing core accounting and advisory skills and competencies through effective and timely review and feedback of staff work and/or client interactions.
- Continuously invest time in understanding existing and emerging technology applicable to clients and services.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience
- Active CPA license preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize and focus in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Lookups and Pivot Tables
- A passion for client service and a focus on streamlining accounting processes