Heartland Payment Systems
Job Title: Associate Payroll Tax Specialist
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hiring Company: Heartland Payment Systems
Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra – Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok having fun.
The Associate Tax Specialist is part of the Tax Services Department. The primary responsibility is to provide client support for tax maintenance that may include processing complex payroll corrections, amending tax returns and working with tax agencies and clients.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct research, analysis and resolution to payroll related tax notices and inquiries
- Analyze payroll and tax data resulting in the preparation and filing of amended tax returns
- Provide excellence in client service to internal and external clients including working directly with tax agencies
- Review and input tax rates and/or deposit frequency changes as part of client compliance efforts
- Identify and resolve discrepancies during payroll data extracts
What are the requirements?
- Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving abilities
- Customer-service oriented, excellent phone manners and written communication skills required
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll needs are met
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous payroll tax experience preferred, with working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
- Service bureau or multi-state tax experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- -Or- an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.